Recurse Center, New York
2016 (3 months)
- 12 week self-directed, project-based, collaborative learning program.
- Built an internal web app with Flask and React.
- Created various data and algorithm visualizations in D3.
Technodigm Innovation, Singapore
2014 - 2016 (1 year 9 months)
- Worked on a high speed dispensing robot with developers from A*STAR-SIMTech.
- Refactored code to implement a finite state machine to handle machine state transitions.
- Refactored code to reduce use of global variables and to fix faulty architecture assumptions in the software about the robot operating process.
- Rewrote libraries with Visual Basic's optional strict typing enabled, to reduce run-time bugs. Fixed the Visual Studio build process.
- Optimized cycle-time (time to process one board) to calculate motion trajectory in the motion controller software instead of downloading the entire set of points every single time.
- Customized projects using PLC programming.
- Built a desktop application to convert DXF files into motion path formats for the robot to parse.
- Built software prototype for a new graphical teaching interface for gantry robots.
- Introduced version control (git).
- Prototyped a real-time system to allow image-capture without stopping for positioning and inspection.
- 2048 clone with AI solver - Clojurescript clone of 2048. Implementation of AI solver using expectiminimax algorithm.
- 2048 AI solver viz - Visualization of depth-first search of game trees with D3.
- Compression viz - Visualization of space saved using Huffman coding with D3.
- Recurse Center internal webapp - Built with Flask for the backend, React for the frontend.
- Tools: UNIX command line, Git(Hub)
- Libraries: D3.js, React/Om
- Environments: LabVIEW, MATLAB, Octave, Jupyter (school and online courses)
BEng Mechatronics | University of Glasgow, 2012—2014
Relevant courses: Linear Algebra, Digital Signal Processing, Dynamic Programming, Algorithms
Electrical Engineering Diploma | Ngee Ann Polytechnic, 2009—2012
Relevant courses: Boolean Algebra, Calculus, Electronics and Clean Energy modules.
Coursera Machine Learning - 2016